Full Episode Here:
About the Episode
An interview with Carlos Lastres. Carlos is the Creative & Marketing Director at Kaiyan Medical, a Chinese company creating light therapy products. Carlos is obviously an advocate for light therapy but also an engineer turned designer who is loving life in China.
We talk about a lot, including:
- Light therapy - what the heck is it? Does it really work?
- How he became a convert to light therapy by chance when working on a design brief for Kaiyan Medical and why he decided to stay
- Some of the differences and similarities between creating digital products & hardware products
- How 3D printing makes all the difference when trying to get an MVP out of a hardware product
- How his frustration with badly designed software applications as a developer led him to pursue a career in product design
- How he went from an MBA and software development background to developing the design hard skills he needed
- How Chinese startups build products and how is it so different from how Western countries do it
- Whether Chinese users appreciate the constant flow of limited MVPs or whether it limits the ability to truly learn
- How he got involved with TEDx, how it went, and why you shouldn't follow your dreams
And much more!
You can check out Kaiyan Medical on KaiyanMedical.com.